Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial #1

So, I'm going to I'm going to give this tutorial thing a go. I don't really do much that isn't already out there but I thought I would share how I "stack" my images because I do have a little secret I think others might like to use.

This image is from OddBall Art and you can see their BLOG here and their SHOP here.

1. I figure out how many layers I will end up with. Then I print/stamp out that many of the image (make sure it's the same size; I cut-and-paste after I size my first image...don't worry about this if it's not a digital stamp).

2. I color up my first image, keeping out the colors (pencils, markers, etc.) I use so that I don't forget and color the other images wrong by mistake.



3. Label the images and color the coordinating parts.



4. Cut out carefully and ink your edges (if applicable). *Note: I did not ink my edges for the tutorial so that you could see better. I will ink them before using this element on my project.*


5. I use my scraps (notice it's my notes this time) to punch out small (or large) circles and make my own dimensionals. I find that I'm really picky about the thickness of store bought dimensionals, so I just glue these together until I reach the desired thickness. I also have greater control over the dimension when layering over other elements.


6. Put together your image. Let dry completely and I put mine under weight (like acrylic blocks) to promote flatness.


7. Enjoy!




Let me know if you have any questions. :)

You can see this project soon! It will be HERE when available.

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this tip into Top Tip Tuesday's Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous set of tips and Tutorial, clever the way you do your own dimension too,
    Thanks for Sharing at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image and your colouring are beautiful and its a great tutorial, love how you use the pieces of paper for your dimension, I must try this :) x Thank you for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday Challenges. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!